Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How to sell yourself!

What's more important in this current competitive world? Its how we 'Sell our self'!

Don't worry, I am not going to give 'Gnyan' on art of selling yourself! I think I am still not ready for that(May be I will be eligible at some point in my life, you guys are spared for now) ;-), So I am going to leave it to experts. Talking about experts in selling, who can it be none other than Joseph Samuel Gerard a.k.a. Joe Girard (born November 1, 1928 in Detroit, Michigan) worlds greatest salesman. He is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most successful salesman, selling 13,001 cars at a Chevrolet dealership in Detroit between 1963 and 1978.

I clicked the above picture while I was trying some macro shots on my bed few months back
Wow, 13001 New Retail cars sales in 15 years that is BIG and that record is sill unbroken. We have to keep in mind that all sales are retail, no fleet or wholesale, never in management and no used automobiles/trucks. He also has few other records to his name:
Average 6 new retail automobiles sales a day (no used automobiles)
Most new retail sales in one day (18 automobiles)
Most new retail sales in one month (174 automobiles)
Most new retail sales in one year (1425 automobiles)

I bought this book called "How to sell yourself" by Joe Girard few months back just by looking at the cover and reading a brief note at the back. When I bought the book, I did not knew any thing about Girard and I just went for it through gut feeling.

This book is Amazing one, not only to the people who are in Sales/marketing but to any one who want to live life. I had to stop the book in between due to lack of time, but I am sure that you will not be disappointed by it if you get your hands on it.

No comments: