Thursday, June 14, 2007

I feared...

I feared being alone
until I learned to like myself.

I feared failure
until I realized that I only fail when I don't try.

I feared success
until I realized that I had to try in order to be happy with myself.

I feared rejection
until I learned to have faith in myself.

I feared pain
until I learned that it's necessary for growth.

I feared the truth
until I saw the ugliness in lies.

I feared life
until I experienced its beauty.

I feared death
until I realized that it's not an end, but a beginning.

I feared my destiny
until I realized that I had the power to change my life.

I feared hate
until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance.

I feared love
until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade into endless sunny days.

I feared ridicule
until I learned how to laugh at myself.

I feared growing old
until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.

I feared the future
until I realized that life just kept getting better.

I feared the past
until I realized that it could no longer hurt me.

I feared the dark
until I saw the beauty of the starlight.

I feared the light
until I learned that the truth would give me strength.

I feared change
until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly had to undergo a metamorphosis before it could fly.

No comments: